We can confirm that the sale of our business to British Gas has now completed. British Gas will start writing to customers from week commencing 21st September inviting them to move across.

We will be here to continue supporting our customers and to make that journey as seamless as possible.

What happens to my pay as you go meter when I move home?

Moving home doesn’t have to mean switching energy supplier. We’ll be happy to supply your new home and give you all the help you need during your move.

Moving into a house with a pay as you go meter

If you’re moving to a house that already has a gas or electricity pay-as-you-go meter you’ll need to get in touch so that we can take your details and set up your account correctly. We’ll also send you your own card or key, as using the previous occupant’s card or key could mean that the credit you pay for goes to someone else’s account.

If you are moving to a property without a pay-as-you-go meter then the best thing to do is call our customer services team to talk through your options.

Information we’ll need from you

When you move home we’ll ask you for:

  • Your meter reading from the property you’re leaving – taken on the day you leave, or as close to that day as possible
  • The amount of debt or credit that’s on your meter
  • The meter serial number – you’ll find this on the front of your meter next to the barcode, and it looks something like: X00L12345
  • Your new address and the date you’re moving
  • The meter reading from the property you’re moving into – taken on the day you move in, or as close to that day as possible

Finding your new meter reading

To give us the meter reading from your new home, just press the display button and write down the number shown on the screen. Call us on 0800 030 4567 to give us your reading and we’ll get a new account set up for you.

We’ll either send you a new key or card in the post or we’ll give you a unique reference number (URN) you can use to pick up your new key or card from a local outlet. This may not be the same place you go to top up your key or card.

Not found the answer you were looking for?

Please get in touch if you have any queries or complaints, and we will be happy to help you out with the information you need.